O&G Precautions for COVID-19
For more information by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists visit:
We’ve spent a long time at O&G trying to create a lovely, welcoming environment which is warm and feels like home. Although our work will remain as caring as ever, we have had to make a number of changes to how we see people to minimise the risk of COVID-19 to the families in our care.
The direct implication of COVID-19 in pregnancy appears to be low. However, the data is early and very limited.
In view of this uncertainty, some pregnancy services will be modified ahead to maximise safety.
At O&G we are following these safety measures:
- If you have had contact with, or believe yourself to be at risk of COVID-19, please do not attend the clinic. Contact us via telephone or email.
- Everyone will be screened for a fever at O&G entry
- We will avoid physical contact if possible.
- We love cuddling your babies, but for now we will greet them with a smile. We understand if you choose to leave them safe at home.
- Please also organise alternative care for your older children where possible.
- Please minimise the support people you bring to your appointments.
- We will be sanitising all surfaces in between each patient
- We will optimise air flow with doors, windows and air conditioning.
- The COVID-19 data shows that keeping face-to-face appointments to 15 minutes or less minimises risk
Some pregnancy appointments with your O&G obstetrician and/or O&G midwife, will now be converted to phone consultations. Your individual pregnancy schedule will be reviewed and adjusted accordingly.
Some obstetric and gynaecology appointments will be converted to phone consultations. Your individual issues will be reviewed by your gynaecologist and you will be contacted if this is suitable for you.
If you have surgery scheduled in the coming weeks please be aware that all elective surgery patients are being screening for risk factors and fevers on admission to hospital, and at risk people will have their surgery postponed.
We have separated our staff into teams who will not come into contact with each other in order to make sure an O&G Obstetrician will be available for you.
This is an unprecedented time in healthcare and in our community. Thank you for your kind understanding with these changes.
Your O&G team